Pharmanovia is a fast-growing pharmaceutical company with a portfolio of over 20 brands across 140+ markets. Our team of over 200 employees are based globally across offices in the UK, Denmark, Netherlands, Switzerland, U.A.E., India, Australia, Singapore, Italy, South Korea and many more.
Since we first opened our doors in 2013, we have focused on delivering high-quality branded prescription medicines to patients, prescribers, and healthcare providers across the globe.
Our purpose is to reinvigorate and innovate iconic medicines for the benefit of patient health globally. We aspire to be an agile and imaginative specialty pharma business and a preferred partner for innovator pharma companies.
Our therapeutic areas include Cardiovascular, Women’s Health & Endocrinology, Neurology & Pain and Gastroenterology and Oncology.
As a key member of the supply Chain team and acting as the Supply Chain senior Executive, the member will execute and support all acquisition and production related supply chain activities, which includes improve CMO performance, reduce cost and drive continuous improvement to meet customer demands and supply chain requirements in line with defined business objectives.
The role will report directly into the Supply Chain Manager. Key skills required are a good understanding of Supply Chain principles, well organised, good attention to detail, proactive nature and confident communicator, both within the business and with external partners.
key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Supply Chain Acquisition Team to do a smooth transition of supply chain of the new products from previous vendors’CMOs to Pharmanovia own network of CMOs ensuring products are delivered ‘Right First Time and 100% on Time’.
- Set up, validate the master data on Pharmanovia ERP & co-ordinate the same in the new CMO’s ERP
- Work closely with the Supply Chain Customer Service Team to ensure the market-by-market demand of the assigned products were obtained correctly
- Input all demand information onto CMO’s planning system within the agreed timeframe making sure production slots are secured & deliveries happen ‘on time in full (OTIF)’.
- Monitor the CMO capacities, free capacity & offered capacity regularly and utilise the free slots or prioritise the orders in Pharmanovia’s advantage depending on the demand change.
- Build and maintain the rapport with the assigned CMOs.
- Trouble shoot all issues within the supply chain relevant to API or bulk product availability, production schedule, deviations, serialisation, temper evidence or any other packaging componentry issue whilst ensuring the highest standard of GDP is maintained.
- Understand all Supply Chain Key Performance Indicator (KPIs), data flows and be able to interrogate data to support improvement.
- Provide reporting support and inventory & buying support analysis as required and draw insights from data and making recommendations to the business.
- Work closely with the CMOs, Supply Chain Customer Service & Logistics Team, Regulatory, Artwork and IT team to solve issues related to artworker packaging supply and implement process to continuously improve on efficiency.
- Identify improvement areas before building business cases and engaging with relevant stakeholders to obtain their engagement and buy-in to develop a new tool and/or propose a plan of action which will contribute towards our innovation, performance or trust priorities.
- Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports or exports, customs clearance or customer issues.
- Provide early warning of impeding products or stock problems to internal colleagues.
- Identify and understand complex supply chain data issues and drive them to solution
- Automate regular tasks ensuring workflow is more efficient
- Achieving company targets
- Manage the inventory efficiently for the assigned portfolio
- Communicating vital market information to relevant channels
- Deal promptly and efficiently with report generation, SC model building requests
By applying for this role, your details will be sent to Ortolan People, who are engaged to provide recruitment support in processing applications. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days. Occasionally for roles with a very high volume of applicants, this may not be possible.