Midlands & North of England
Full-time, permanent position
Salary: Competitive + Benefits + Bonus
If you are an innovative and agile pharmaceutical Account Manager with a background in secondary care speciality medicines and sleep disorders, then we want to hear from you!
Join us to help improve peoples’ lives and make healthcare better for everyone!
Pharmanovia is a dynamic, fast-growing international pharmaceutical company with a portfolio of over 20 brands across more than 140 markets. Our mission is to improve patient health globally through the revitalisation of niche, tried-and-trusted medicines.
Our core behaviours are:
- We act decisively but we never compromise on quality.
- We keep our promises and do as we say.
- We value our heritage and foster an entrepreneurial spirit.
- We reinvest in our future – in our products, our brands and our people.
- We give back to our communities.
Since its inception in 2013, Pharmanovia has grown consistently year on year, focusing on delivering high-quality branded prescription medicines to patients, prescribers, and healthcare providers across the world. Our growth has enabled the company to reinvest in its products, brands, people, and to give back to its communities. A people business with a strong, supportive culture that encourages innovation and entrepreneurial spirit, our team comprises over 300 employees and 29 nationalities, operating from offices in the UK, Denmark, Netherlands, Switzerland, U.A.E., India, Singapore, Italy, and South Korea.
We are an agile, committed, and innovative global specialty pharma business and a preferred partner for innovator pharma companies, instigating a paradigm shift in the life cycle management of iconic medicines. We seek to extensively engage with clinical communities to communicate product improvements and prioritise environmental, social, and governance considerations across the business and workforce.
Pharmanovia’s therapeutic areas include Cardiovascular, Oncology, Endocrinology and Neurology.
About the role:
Reporting to the Country Manager UK&I, as Speciality Medicines Account Manager (SMAM) you will be responsible for promoting Pharmanovia’s speciality portfolio in secondary care with a specific focus on endocrinology, neurology and sleep disorders to meet business expectations.
You will work in partnership with your customers, offering support and expert product knowledge where necessary, develop and implement a key account business plan for the territory, incorporating all resources available to ensure success. Responsible for all key customers on your territory, and any market access work that is required, will be fully autonomous within the allocated geography; developing customer relationships is a key focus of this role.
Ensuring adherence to Pharmanovia’s values and policies, and to business conduct requirements and legislation, you will contribute to a strong and collaborative team working culture and strategic alignment to company strategies and initiatives.
- Prioritise and manage accounts within assigned territory by assessing potential, environment and appropriate business opportunities through key customers and key decision makers
- Formulate comprehensive and insightful key account plans to build, manage and improve trustful relationships with these key stakeholders, whilst aximizing Pharmanovia’s performance
- Shape and implement innovative offerings to meet account needs
- Coordinate activities within your key accounts
- Ensure successful launch of Sunosi® & Macimorelin (Ghryvelin®) and continued sales of Chloral Hydrate & company portfolio.
- Deliver agreed strategy and all necessary tactics within the key accounts to drive Pharmanovia performance, including and not limited to delivering product and therapeutic knowledge, detailing to prescribers, and negotiating sales terms with hospital pharmacies
- Responsible for ensuring Pharmanovia products are available and listed on local formulary and/or protocols within your accounts (in-field market access)
- Manage and develop KOL relationships
- Operate in a manner that is always in line with compliance (ABPI code) and legal requirements and according to the marketing and sales strategies
- Gain and share customer insights through appropriate and relevant customer and account profiling
- Perform local marketing and sales analyses and gain patient flow insights
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to achieve outstanding results.
- Participate at congresses, meetings and trainings
- Document and report daily activities
- Proactively share best practice and champion key account management approach, embracing full use of Salesforce CRM
- Act as an ambassador for Pharmanovia, its vision and values that achieves patient focus at all levels of the business
- Track and communicate KPIs and performance metrics as defined in the account plan
Candidates with at least 5 years’ experience in a similar role in key account management, with a relevant background of speciality medicines and secondary care, are likely to have the skills and experience required to be successful in this role. We are also looking for:
- ABPI certification, and full understanding of relevant protocols and compliance guidelines
- Degree (or equivalent experience) in a business discipline is desirable
- Commercially astute, with a track record of high sales achievement, in a relevant pharmaceutical environment in the UK
- Demonstrable success in key account management across the health economy, ideally in endocrinology, neurology and sleep disorders
- Great IT skills, including MS Office, and CRM software
- Ability to persuade, influence, negotiate effectively and secures confidence of others quickly
- Knowledge of the UK healthcare system, including hospital market and speciality centres, and experience in communicating and negotiating with decision makers
- Experience in the secondary care purchasing processes
- Pragmatic and an enjoyment of getting involved in the growth of the business and working in a matrix organisation
- Ability to demonstrate professional gravitas and strong influence skills and display personal and professional maturity
- Business-driven, fully accustomed to managing the Company’s business area through financial analysis and reporting.
- Results-driven, with experience and/or relevant skills in terms of working and partnering with external, client stakeholders as well as internal teams
- Data-driven in decision making, with the ability to analyse complex situations, focus on the key issues and communicate with clarity and conciseness
- Ability to work cross-functionally
- Confident working autonomously when needed
What we offer:
We offer a competitive salary plus bonus and rewards package including holiday, health & wellbeing program, employee recognition awards, social events, pension scheme and hybrid working.
By applying for this role, your details will be sent to Ortolan People, who are engaged to provide recruitment support in processing applications. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days. Occasionally for roles with a very high volume of applicants, this may not be possible.