Reporting to General Manager-MEA, the sales manager will be responsible for managing Pharmanovia business in UAE, Kuwait, and Qatar, establishing strong relations with distributors and lead sales force teams in the markets. S/he will provide strategic commercial direction to achieve Pharmanovia ambitious performance objectives including achievement of revenue and profit targets, maximise brands and product lifecycle opportunities, ensure successful promotion, and supply of products, as well as integration and launch of new products.
The sales manager will ensure adherence of the Pharmanovia values & policies and to local business conduct requirements and legislation. S/he will also collaborate and provide guidance and local expertise while interfacing and collaborating with the team.
Main responsibilities & duties
- Lead promotional activities to achieve targeted sales and profit growth of the existing product portfolio.
- Management of Pharmanovia sales force team which includes, hiring, On boarding, performance management in addition to employee’s development & retention.
- Achieve field force effectiveness KPIs including call rate, coverage, and frequency.
- Manage and drive strong business relationships with distributors and partners.
- Develop and execute partnership strategies with key players in trade and tender sector to drive business growth.
- Work closely with supply chain to optimise stock levels in market, providing volume sales forecasts and monitoring stock with distributors.
- Provide timely business updates, reports, and performance reviews.
- Prepare and agree realistic but ambitious budget and forecast.
- Represent Pharmanovia with key stakeholders including health authorities & key opinion leaders.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced professional with at least 3 years’ experience in sales management role in UAE, Kuwait & Qatar including sales force & commercial channel management.
- S/he will have a track record of managing sales team, with hands-on experience in managing partners and distributors.
- S/he will have experience in commercial channel management including partnership projects with key hospitals, chain pharmacies & institutional accounts.
- S/he will have the necessary local expertise, professional gravitas and strong leadership skills and will display personal and professional maturity.
- S/he will be data driven in decision making with the ability to analyse complex situations, focus on the key issues and communicate within the team and upwards with clarity and concisely.
- S/he will be entrepreneurial and results-driven with experience and/or relevant skills in terms of working and partnering with distributors and their teams.
- To deliver agreed objectives within an agreed timeframe
- To maintain professional standards at all times
- To be punctual, maintain dress standards, be polite and courteous to internal and external customers at all times
- To act in an efficient and professional manner at all times
- To maintain a high level of confidentiality, as appropriate to the circumstances
- To be approachable, helpful and flexible in attitude at all times