This role can be based in Singapore or KL
Competitive salary, benefits and bonus
If you are an experienced commercial manager with a deep understanding of the pharmaceutical markets and regulatory environment in Asia, then we want to hear from you!
Join us to help improve peoples’ lives and make healthcare better for everyone!
Pharmanovia is a dynamic, fast-growing international pharmaceutical company with a portfolio of over 20 brands across more than 140 markets. Our mission is to improve patient health globally through the revitalisation of niche, tried-and-trusted medicines.
Since its inception in 2013, Pharmanovia has grown consistently year on year, focusing on delivering high-quality branded prescription medicines to patients, prescribers and healthcare providers across the world. Our growth has enabled the company to reinvest in its products, brands, people, and to give back to its communities. A people business with a strong, supportive culture that encourages innovation and entrepreneurial spirit, our team comprises over 250 employees and 29 nationalities, operating from offices in the UK, Denmark, Netherlands, Switzerland, U.A.E., India, Singapore, Italy, China and South Korea.
We are an agile and imaginative global specialty pharma business and a preferred partner for innovator pharma companies, instigating a paradigm shift in the life cycle management of iconic medicines. We seek to extensively engage with clinical communities to communicate product improvements and prioritise environmental, social, and governance considerations across the business and workforce.
Pharmanovia’s therapeutic areas include Cardiovascular, Oncology, Endocrinology and Neurology.
Reporting to the APAC General Manager you will be responsible for supporting the performance of the business in these markets, establishing strong relations and leadership with our distributors and their commercial teams in the markets. You will provide strategic marketing direction in order to achieve ambitious performance objectives across all key geographies.
These objectives include the achievement of company revenue and profit targets, brands and product lifecycle opportunities, ensuring successful promotion, reimbursement and supply of products, as well as integration and launch of new products in the region.
- Leading the global TA strategy and within the framework of Integrated Brand Planning to achieve growth and profitability targets in the region
- Driving brand performance and brand strategy with a strong focus on driving sales growth and market share gain of assigned brands
- Ensuring operational plans are prepared and implemented through cross-business/function collaboration to maximize customer engagement and execution excellence
- Working with Global Marketing, Country Marketing, Operations, and the commercial teams to ensure successful launch of new products and support for on market products
- Representing APAC’s interests with Global and Regional leaders of Marketing and own Launch Excellence for APAC Product Marketing by driving their team’s adoption and participation for successful product launches
- Ensuring effective cross functional engagement and alignment of strategies/plans with other internal disciplines including Commercial, Medical Affairs, Corp./Govt. Affairs, Regulatory, Pricing, Market Analysis and Supply Mangers/Demand Managers to ensure outstanding execution
- Cultivating relationships with key opinion leaders and medical organizations throughout the region to build a strong network
- Leading the team’s support and development of tools and training for the country commercial and distribution teams
- Supporting country marketing in lead generation activities and acceleration of opportunities into the sales funnel measured by revenue achievement KPIs
- Owning the mapping of marketing/sales collateral to marketing/sales funnel stages
- Collaborating closely with Global BD&L, Regional Portfolio and Commercial Operations for all matters concerning 3rd party pipeline candidate selection
What we are looking for:
The ideal candidate will be an experienced professional with relevant background in the pharmaceutical industry in the areas of sales, marketing, partner and distributors management. You will also need to have:
- A track record of managing a regional business within the specialty pharma space
- Hands-on experience in interacting with partners and distributors in the relevant market
- International experience and ideally some experience of the China market
- Experience with brand management, product lifecycle management and product launches, especially in the context of specialty products
- A commercial and pragmatic individual who enjoys getting involved in the business at all levels and across all disciplines and working with global functional in a matrix organisation
- Local expertise, professional gravitas and strong influence skills and will display personal and professional maturity
- Data driven in decision making with the ability to analyse complex situations
- Strongly developed marketing skills and experienced in managing sales through third parties
- Experience of managing mature brands and introduction of products to international markets
- Knowledge of drug manufacturing processes
- Understanding of new product development and the role and activities of registration necessary before entering a market or product launch in an international territory
- Ability to construct a persuasive argument from a well-researched analytical understanding of data
- Ability to focus on the key issues and communicate within the teams
- Business driven, fully accustomed to managing its business area through scientific expertise
- An understanding of the therapeutic medical needs in the region
- Experience of working and partnering with distributors and their teams
We offer competitive terms. Please apply now.
By applying for this role, your details will be sent to Ortolan People, who are engaged to provide recruitment support in processing applications. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days. Occasionally for roles with a very high volume of applicants, this may not be possible.