Location – Field Based
Pharmanovia is a fast-growing pharmaceutical company with a portfolio of over 20 brands across 140+ markets. Our team of over 200 employees are based globally across our offices in the UK, Denmark, Netherlands, Switzerland, Dubai, India, Australia, Singapore and Italy.
Since we first opened our doors in 2013, we have focused single-mindedly on delivering high-quality branded prescription medicines to patients, prescribers and healthcare providers across the globe. We specialise in many different areas including cardiovascular, women’s health and endocrinology, neurology & pain, gastroenterology and oncology, and many others. Further details of our products can be found on our website.
Reporting to the Country Manager UK&I, the National Account Manager will be responsible for the achievement of sales growth for the business throughout the UK. The role will manage a portfolio of products with a range of customers including wholesalers, pharmacy chains and short line wholesalers. This is a field-based role with a key focus of developing customer relationships in order to identify opportunities within the generic/branded generic market. The successful candidate will be instrumental in ensuring ambitious performance objectives are met, gaining market intelligence and working closely with the Country Manager to develop the portfolio range.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drive sales of our product portfolio in UK, achieving annual targets in terms of top line and profitability.
- Manage sales through all channels: wholesalers, short-line wholesalers and pharmacy chains
- Identifying opportunities, proposing and implementing ways to grow our business, feeding back market intelligence
- Involved with business planning and forecasting, in terms of volume and profitability (net sales) for UK.
- Ensure successful achievement of Pharmanovia’ sales goals in the UK with an ambition to exceed those goals.
- Maintain service levels to key accounts.
- Ensure commercial tenders are submitted in a complete and timely manner.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of the market, of economic indicators, of changing trends and of competition.
- Nurture and manage existing relationships, to ensure longevity of profitable partnerships.
- Establish good relationships with new customers and build relevant personal networks, to ensure the Company exploits all appropriate sales channels.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
The ideal candidate will be an experienced sales professional, with a relevant background in the generics/branded generics pharmaceutical industry. S/he will:
- Be commercially astute, with a track record of high sales achievement, in a relevant pharmaceutical environment in the UK.
- Demonstrable success in managing UK pharmaceutical wholesalers/pharmacy chains, both large and small, with full understanding of the pricing infrastructure and commodity nature of the small line market. Will have existing network in this market.
- Can persuade, influence and negotiate effectively and secures confidence of others quickly.
- Experience of managing key accounts ideally in the context of off-patent genrics, branded generics and specialty products.
- Experience in the process of commercial tendering and submission of tenders.
- Knowledge of hospital market and speciality centres would be an advantage.
- Skilled in managing commercial/generics processes with varied customer groups.
- Be business-driven, fully accustomed to managing the Company’s business area through financial analysis and reporting. Some scientific understanding of the therapeutic medical needs would be an advantage.
- Be a results-driven individual, with experience and/or relevant skills in terms of working and partnering with external, client stakeholders as well as internal teams.
- Be data-driven in decision making, with the ability to analyse complex situations, focus on the key issues and communicate with clarity and conciseness.
- Ability to work cross-functionally.
- We offer a generous bonus scheme.
- Car Allowance
- Health care benefits.
- All of our employees receive a subscription to Perk Box which includes various discounts and benefits.
- The business hosts a staff party in the summer and Christmas each year and host quarterly town hall events for all staff to attend.
- There are opportunities to be involved with various charity events hosted by the company.