Vadodara or Mumbai, India
Full-time, permanent position
Salary: Competitive + Benefits + Bonus
If you are an agile and committed medical information management professional with medical advisory experience, then we want to hear from you!
Join us to help improve peoples’ lives and make healthcare better for everyone!
Pharmanovia is a dynamic, fast-growing international pharmaceutical company with a portfolio of over 20 brands across more than 140 markets. Our mission is to improve patient health globally through the revitalisation of niche, tried-and-trusted medicines.
Our core behaviours are:
- We act decisively but we never compromise on quality.
- We keep our promises and do as we say.
- We value our heritage and foster an entrepreneurial spirit.
- We reinvest in our future – in our products, our brands and our people.
- We give back to our communities.
Since its inception in 2013, Pharmanovia has grown consistently year on year, focusing on delivering high-quality branded prescription medicines to patients, prescribers, and healthcare providers across the world. Our growth has enabled the company to reinvest in its products, brands, people, and to give back to its communities. A people business with a strong, supportive culture that encourages innovation and entrepreneurial spirit, our team comprises over 300 employees and 29 nationalities, operating from offices in the UK, Denmark, Netherlands, Switzerland, U.A.E., India, Singapore, Italy, and South Korea.
We are an agile, committed, and innovative global specialty pharma business and a preferred partner for innovator pharma companies, instigating a paradigm shift in the life cycle management of iconic medicines. We seek to extensively engage with clinical communities to communicate product improvements and prioritise environmental, social, and governance considerations across the business and workforce.
Pharmanovia’s therapeutic areas include Cardiovascular, Oncology, Endocrinology and Neurology.
About the role:
This is a newly created role to manage Pharmanovia’s medical information function, and includes medical information management along with therapeutical area medical advisor tasks. It is a broad-ranging role requiring responsible implementation of medical information systems, policies and procedures, in addition to being a medical advisor for a specific therapeutic area with the global medical team.
As Medical Information and Medical Advisor, you will be a key member of the Scientific Affairs team and report into the Medical Department. This department has an ethos of continuous improvement, and this – along with the rapid growth of the business – leads to a varied and dynamic working environment.
Main responsibilities and duties:
- Responsibility for the medical and product related queries/managing an external vendor for medical information, and planning adequate transition of responsibilities from vendor when internal system ready
- Collaboration with MKT and other relevant departments (ESG, Commercial, etc.) to create adequate Q&As for products and manage central medical information database
- Disease area and competitor knowledge
- Datamining of medical information database to support PD/PI/PV and share relevant insights
- Alignment of processes to the global library of SOPs, and creation of SOPs where required
- Training colleagues and third parties on SOPs/medical information
- Monitoring and documenting adherences to the SOPs and appropriately escalating any instances of non-compliance
- Medically responsible for product-related strategy, its implementation in Global Brand Plans and guidance on executional excellence to regional/local counterparts
- Key member of the franchise global team, understanding the competitive landscape well, and provide medical input with respect to competitor landscape
- Developing and supporting the implementation of the Global Medical Affairs Strategy, Global Publications Plan, Core Medical Communication Points
- Expert and strategic input to allow for efficient, scientifically and medically adequate communication in preparation for launch until the end of the product’s life-cycle
- Developing and supporting projects/activities such as educational programs, satellite symposia and communication campaigns, in close partnership with the brand and communication teams
- Helping to establish and provide product-specific education and training to regions/countries
- Being a credible scientific expert in the given therapeutic area and in the product(s)
- Engaging with external stakeholders to ensure a good understanding of the external environment and different stakeholder groups e.g. Health Authorities, External Experts, Associations, Patient groups, Payers, etc.
- Pharmacist or Medical background
- Experience in design, strategy execution and oversight of medical information
- Experience in various Therapeutic areas, preferred Internal Medicine, Endocrinology, Cardiology, CNS, and Oncology
- Organised, inquisitive, innovative problem solver with the ability to perceive, understand and interpret facts quickly and precisely
- Strong technical skills
- Data driven in decision making with the ability to analyse, focus on the key issues and communicate with clarity
- Resilient and not afraid to challenge at all levels
- Solid time management skills, with the ability to multitask and see the big picture
- Experience of vendor management is desirable
- Full professional proficiency in UK English (written and verbal)
This is an individual contributor role, and the successful applicant will be responsible for keeping up to date processes and procedures in place.
What we offer:
We offer a competitive salary plus bonus and rewards package including holiday, health & wellbeing program, employee recognition awards, social events, and hybrid working.
By applying for this role, your details will be sent to Ortolan People, who are engaged to provide recruitment support in processing and supporting applicants. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days.