Permanent or interim
Salary: Competitive + Benefits + Bonus + Hybrid working
If you are an experienced HRBP with outstanding communication skills and proven experience in developing robust policy and processes to improve employee retention, development, and engagement, then we want to hear from you!
Join us to help improve peoples’ lives and make healthcare better for everyone!
Pharmanovia is a dynamic, fast-growing international pharmaceutical company with a portfolio of over 20 brands across more than 140 markets. Our mission is to improve patient health globally through the revitalisation of niche, tried-and-trusted medicines.
Since its inception in 2013, Pharmanovia has grown consistently year on year, focusing on delivering high-quality branded prescription medicines to patients, prescribers, and healthcare providers across the world. Our growth has enabled the company to reinvest in its products, brands, people, and to give back to its communities. A people business with a strong, supportive culture that encourages innovation and entrepreneurial spirit, our team comprises over 250 employees and 29 nationalities, operating from offices in the UK, Denmark, Netherlands, Switzerland, U.A.E., India, Singapore, Italy, and South Korea.
We are an agile and imaginative global specialty pharma business and a preferred partner for innovator pharma companies, instigating a paradigm shift in the life cycle management of iconic medicines. We seek to extensively engage with clinical communities to communicate product improvements and prioritise environmental, social, and governance considerations across the business and workforce.
Pharmanovia’s therapeutic areas include Cardiovascular, Oncology, Endocrinology and Neurology.
About the role:
As a senior member of the HR team, you will act as a change agent throughout the business. Working across all aspect of the function’s remit, responsible for the implementation and success of HR policies and initiatives.
Your initial focus will be driving new initiatives and improvements in key areas such as talent management, succession planning, organisational design, learning and development and performance management.
- Talent Management/Succession Planning – Take steps to ensure that talent is identified and nurtured within the business unit and that a robust succession planning mechanism is in place to support the business needs in the future
- Organisational Design – The effective implementation of all agreed developments made to business structures
- Learning and Development – manage the design, delivery and evaluation of learning and development programmes that meet business needs
- Performance Management – develop and implement robust and effective performance management programmes that support the delivery of business results across the business
- Employee Satisfaction & Engagement – Develop and implement commercially focused strategies and initiatives that drive employee satisfaction and engagement
- Behaviours and Culture – Champion behaviours to develop a high-performance culture
- Reward – Support the development of competitive reward & benefit structures that help to drive business performance
About you – what we are looking for:
- Previous experience in a leadership position, either as an HR business partner or as a HR manager from within a fast paced, commercial setting
- A CIPD Level 5 or 7 qualification or equivalent level of experience
- A good understanding of UK employment law and best practice
- A good understanding of international employment law and best practice
- Communication skills – delivering the strategies of the business will require you to talk to stakeholders from around the business. As such, you will need to be able to present effectively to different levels of seniority
- Specialist skills – a keen interest and enthusiasm for talent management, specifically designing and deploying learning and development strategies and solutions (to include talent mapping, skills analysis, succession, and development planning)
- General skills – an HR business partner will need to be a true generalist, with a good understanding of the many different responsibilities of the function (e.g., employee relations, change management, reward, compensation & benefits)
- Leadership – you will be working with line managers to deliver the function’s strategy. As such, you must be able to lead in the day-to-day operations of the business, and on specific projects
- Coaching skills – you will be seen as a mentor within the function and the business at large. You must be comfortable in offering advice to both your peers and junior employees
- Strategic thinker – working closely with the Head of HR to deliver and implement new programmes and initiatives, experience of thinking strategically is an absolute must
- Industry knowledge – building a coherent and successful HR strategy will require an extensive knowledge of the trends and changes in policy that are affecting people at work
What we offer:
We offer a competitive salary plus bonus and rewards package including holiday, health & wellbeing program, employee recognition awards, social events, pension scheme and hybrid working.
By applying for this role, your details will be sent to Ortolan People, who are engaged to provide recruitment support in processing applications. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days. Occasionally for roles with a very high volume of applicants, this may not be possible.