Pharmanovia is a fast-growing pharmaceutical company with a portfolio of over 20 brands across 140+ markets. Our team of over 200 employees are based globally across our offices in the UK, Denmark, Netherlands, Switzerland, Dubai, India, Australia, Singapore and Italy.
Since we first opened our doors in 2013, we have focused single-mindedly on delivering high-quality branded prescription medicines to patients, prescribers and healthcare providers across the globe. We specialise in many different areas including cardiovascular, women’s health and endocrinology, neurology & pain, gastroenterology and oncology, and many others. Further details of our products can be found on our website.
The Head of Commercial Operations role will interface with Supply Chain, Regulatory, Quality and Finance. is a key driver to ensure cross functional alignment with sales and marketing strategies and market demand, in order to safeguard consistent availability of products to patients and support supply, stock and purchasing optimisation across our organisation.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Actively participate and provide commercial leadership to the company Sales & Operations Planning process.
- Facilitate monthly demand planning and forecast aggregation, including consensus between functions and stakeholders.
- Develop metrics for forecast accuracy, planning data integrity and accuracy, inventory dashboards.
- Proactively support regional commercial teams and partners across all markets, through effective long-term planning, in line with promotional plans and new product development, delivering a robust rolling forecast. Coordination with Regional General Managers to agree order prioritisation at times of constrained supply. Management of relationship and communication with distributors and partners globally
- Manage and optimise channel inventory including analysis of excess, slow moving and obsolete inventory.
- Develop a highly capable team of Demand Planning Analysts.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of world-class demand planning and Sales and Operations Planning processes
- Aid in the design, development, and implementation of SAP as an end-to-end business solution to ensure fit for purpose
- Coordinate the implementation of new product introduction within the S&OP process ensuring all key activities are completed on time to meet launch dates.
- To be the escalation point for all internal and external customers and suppliers on demand planning activities
- Communicate key changes to demand forecast in a timely manner and share intelligence with supply chain
- Provide accurate and robust data and reports to senior management to enable effective business decisions.
- Support the budget and the monthly performance update process through the provision of demand forecast and relevant market intelligence
- Promote root cause analysis of issues and implement systemic improvements to prevent occurrence Promote a continuous improvement mindset to review, develop and enhance demand and supply processes that delivery better availability for our customers whilst managing cost
- Ensure that best practice and consistent ways of working are used across the team.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required. MBA advantageous.
- 5+ years’ experience in similar positions, in Pharma / FMCG / Food & Drinks / or similar sector with supervisory or lead experience preferred.
- Holistic thinking from strategy to execution and solid system commercial background
- Significant knowledge of the working of pharmaceutical contract manufacturing, procurement, supply chain, distribution and commercialisation globally, both under consignment or export models.
- Working knowledge of process improvement strategies and the ability to integrate those into the operation.
- Demonstrated understanding of financial systems and the key drivers of S&OP and impact to overall company performance.
- Strong organizational skills in strategy, communication at all levels and execution.
- Highly developed leadership & influencing skills to positively collaborate and effectively communicate with multi-functional system teams internally and with external partners
- Excellent project management, organizational and people skills, with an ability to openly convey information to team members in a timely, concise manner.
- Demonstrate sound business decision-making, aligned with company goals and to achieve/exceed company targets.
- Strong analytical skills, problem-solving mindset, as well as good working knowledge of sophisticated analytics concepts and models
- Understanding of applicable computer systems, such as Microsoft Office, and function specific software. Experience in business analytics systems such as Power BI is highly regarded
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- The ability to work from home in accordance with our flexible working policy (although we find that many of our colleague enjoy working from our new offices located in Essex when permitted).
- We offer a generous bonus scheme.
- Health care benefits.
- All of our employees receive a subscription to Perk Box which includes various discounts and benefits.
- The business hosts a staff party in the summer and Christmas each year and host quarterly town hall events for all staff to attend.
- There are opportunities to be involved with various charity events hosted by the company.