Pharmanovia is a fast-growing pharmaceutical company with a portfolio of over 20 brands across 140+ markets. Our team of over 200 employees are based globally across our offices in the UK, Denmark, Netherlands, Switzerland, Dubai, India, Australia, Singapore and Italy.
Since we first opened our doors in 2013, we have focused single-mindedly on delivering high-quality branded prescription medicines to patients, prescribers and healthcare providers across the globe. We specialise in many different areas including cardiovascular, women’s health and endocrinology, neurology &pain, gastroenterology and oncology, and many others. Further details of our products can be found on our website.
We are looking for a talented and experienced commercial lawyer to head our commercial legal team. This role will require you to provide strategic leadership to the commercial legal team and support the business in achieving key strategic objectives. You will liaise with senior stakeholders across the business globally to provide high quality commercial advice on a wide range of legal issues affecting the business. As a people manager and functional leader, you will be responsible and accountable for building, guiding and developing a strong global commercial legal team that is able to successfully tackle the evolving challenges of a rapidly growing organisation.
This role will include:
- Leading the process of identifying and resolving legal issues to facilitate business growth and providing focussed commercial advice aligned with our strategy
- Partnering closely with business functional leaders to understand their needs in terms of legal support, and guide the commercial legal team in delivering timely and effective solutions
- Identifying opportunities to continuously enhance legal processes, templates, procedures or tools, and overseeing their implementation
- Ensuring the high quality delivery (drafting, review, and negotiation) of a full range of legal documents such as commercial contracts, NDAs and service agreements
- Maintaining a legally compliant and legally focused culture that balances risk against the speed of delivery and builds competitive advantage.
- A driven and forward-thinking individual that can work well in a team and is confident to provide advice to key stakeholders in the business and add strategic value to the business
- University degree in law and relevant professional qualifications
- Minimum 8+ years of relevant professional experience
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Strong business acumen, with the ability to understand the specific needs of our internal clients and translate these into effective solutions
- A strong negotiator with excellent drafting and problem-solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail and a strong commercial business acumen
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to partner effectively with a diverse range of internal stakeholders, including with an executive team
- Comfortable operating globally in a fast-paced international environment
- Very versatile and adaptable, able to take a global strategic perspective, as well as take a hands-on approach and personally handle significant and complex legal matters
- The ability to work from home in accordance with our flexible working policy (although we find that many of our colleague enjoy working from our new offices located in Essex when permitted).
- We offer a generous bonus scheme.
- Health care benefits.
- All of our employees receive a subscription to Perk Box which includes various discounts and benefits.
- The business hosts a staff party in the summer and Christmas each year and host quarterly town hall events for all staff to attend.
- There are opportunities to be involved with various charity events hosted by the company.
- As a company, we really encourage learning and shared knowledge and there are opportunities to attend internal training with other teams and to host training events for other teams. We also encourage our staff to attend various external seminars and learning opportunities.