Pharmanovia is a fast-growing pharmaceutical company with a portfolio of over 20 brands across 140+ markets. Our team of over 200 employees are based globally across offices in the UK, Denmark, Netherlands, Switzerland, U.A.E., India, Australia, Singapore, Italy, South Korea and many more.
Since we first opened our doors in 2013, we have focused on delivering high-quality branded prescription medicines to patients, prescribers and healthcare providers across the globe.
Our purpose is to reinvigorate and innovate iconic medicines for the benefit of patient health globally. We aspire to be an agile and imaginative specialty pharma business and a preferred partner for innovator pharma companies.
Our Therapeutic areas include Cardiovascular, Women’s Health & Endocrinology, Neurology & Pain and Gastroenterology and Oncology.
This role will Lead and manage Pharmanovia’s sales and operations planning process to ensure alignment of functions and senior management to delivery of business goals for medium to long term.
The role will provide leadership and strategic direction for management of planning activities, business planning processes, and data/systems. This includes identifying and implementing continuous improvement initiatives that support business goals & objectives in the short-term & long term.
This position is also accountable for building and maintaining communication channels between the Commercial, Supply Chain, Regulatory, Quality, Projects and Finance units in terms of managing supply/demand execution dynamics, understanding demand requirements, and ensuring plans are in place to meet service level performance requirements.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement an effective S&OP process with cross-functional participation to facilitate discussion and decision-making focused on achieving business goals and objectives. This includes highlighting business-critical issues to Senior Leadership team, development/maintenance of Supply Chain dashboards, and improvement plans where necessary.
- Resolve complex supply situations by partnering with internal and external partners: Demand Management, Manufacturing, Quality, Sales, Marketing, Procurement, Finance, Customer Order Management, and Distribution. Communicate supply risks and recovery actions to support customer service.
- Develop/maintain a commercial supply chain dashboard to monitor the key performance indicators for the business and identify appropriate actions to achieve targeted results.
- Ensure quality and completeness of demand signal and align with regional to global level leads to ensure the successful lifecycle maintenance of the product.
- Lead the site S&OP cycle including running of pre S&OP and monthly S&OP meetings.
- Oversight of all on site medium to long term planning systems (not ownership of operational teams).
- Ensure data generated by functions and programmes is suitable for Pharmanovia’s S&OP.
- Coaching, mentoring and initiation of improvement projects, where required.
- Ensure identification, monitoring and reporting of assumptions, risks and opportunities relating to the medium and long term business goals. Escalate to Head of Supply Chain as appropriate.
- Hold appropriate personnel, including operational, tactical & strategic leadership, to account for agreed actions for mitigation of risk or realisation of opportunities as identified via S&OP. Escalate to Heads of departments as appropriate.
- Ensure all data generated via S&OP is accurate and timely for monthly, quarterly & yearly reporting.
- Continually review the S&OP process to ensure it continues to be up to date with current best practice and suitable for business needs.
- Continuous interaction with operational heads of the business and provide appropriate data to support decision making or escalate to the line manager as appropriate.
- Any other duties commensurate with the role.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- BSc./BA Business or in a relevant field including Advanced Supply Chain degree.
- 7+ years of Planning experience (prefer Biotechnology/Pharmaceutical Industry experience) with minimal 5 years in a managerial role.
- Understanding of S&OP current best practice.
- Understanding of applicable computer systems, such as Microsoft Office, and function specific software (e.g., SAP IBP, Kinaxis). Experience in business analytics systems such as Power BI is highly regarded.
- Proven commercial sense combined with storytelling abilities to easily communicate this to other teams.
- Significant knowledge of the working of pharmaceutical contract manufacturing, procurement, supply chain, distribution and commercialisation globally, both under consignment and export models.
- The ability to work from home in accordance with our flexible working policy (although we find that many of our colleague enjoy working from our new offices located in Essex when permitted).
- We offer a generous bonus scheme.
- Health care benefits.
- All of our employees receive a subscription to Perk Box which includes various discounts and benefits.
- The business hosts a staff party in the summer and Christmas each year and host quarterly town hall events for all staff to attend.
- There are opportunities to be involved with various charity events hosted by the company.