Pharmanovia is a fast-growing pharmaceutical company with a portfolio of over 20 brands across 140+ markets. Our team of over 200 employees are based globally across our offices in the UK, Denmark, Netherlands, Switzerland, Dubai, India, Australia, Singapore and Italy.
Since we first opened our doors in 2013, we have focused single-mindedly on delivering high-quality branded prescription medicines to patients, prescribers and healthcare providers across the globe. We specialise in many different areas including cardiovascular, women’s health and endocrinology, neurology & pain, gastroenterology and oncology, and many others. Further details of our products can be found on our website.
Reporting to the General Manager Europe, the Country Manager Iberia will be responsible for the achievement of sales growth for our business in Spain and Portugal. The successful candidate will be instrumental in ensuring ambitious performance objectives are met across geographies. These objectives include the achievement of Company revenue and profit targets, maximising growth opportunities and helping steer the Company through a period of change.
The Country Manager will ensure adherence to Pharmanovia’ values and policies and to business conduct requirements and legislation. S/he will work to ensure a strong and collaborative team working culture and strategic alignment to Company strategies and initiatives.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drive sales of our product portfolio in Iberia, achieving annual targets in terms of top line and profitability.
- Manage sales through all channels: wholesalers, pharmacy chains, hospitals, tenders other commercial channels.
- Identifying, proposing and implementing novel ways to grow our business organically, including new product opportunities, sales and marketing initiatives at various level and targeting different audiences (wholesalers, retailers, pharmacy chains, KOLs, specialists’ prescribers etc.).
- Manage business planning and budgeting, in terms of volume and profitability, for Iberia
- Ensure effective sales process management, and forecasting and reporting accuracy
- Develop effective sales strategy and ensure implementation and delivery, overseeing sales performance at all times
- Ensure successful achievement of Pharmanovia sales goals in Iberia, with an ambition to exceed those goals
- Establish promotional initiatives to retain and enhance client motivation
- Maintain service levels to key accounts
- Ensure tenders are submitted in a complete and timely manner
- Maintain thorough knowledge of the market, of economic indicators, of changing trends and of competition
- Nurture and manage existing relationships, to ensure longevity of profitable partnerships
- Establish good relationships with new customers and build relevant personal networks, to ensure the Company exploits all appropriate sales channels
- Capture increased market share and enhance brand awareness in the territory, by working with the marketing function to define product and market strategy, in order to enhance brand recognition and maintain and build customer satisfaction
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in Medicine, Pharmacy, Business discipline or Marketing
- Significant experience of sales in a pharmaceutical environment
- Strongly developed skills and experience in managing sales through multiple channels in the public and private sector
- Experience of selling mature/established off-patent brands or, failing this, branded generics and their introduction of products into the Iberia markets
- Experience of managing a sales P&L
- An understanding of new product development and the role and activities associated with entering a market and product launch
- Experience in the process of tendering and submission of tenders
- Have advanced experience of developing and implementing sales strategy ideally in the context of branded generics and/or specialty products