Salary: Competitive + Benefits + Bonus
If you are an experienced and decisive leader with proven commercial skills and a deep understanding of China’s marketplace, then we want to hear from you!
Join us to help improve peoples’ lives and make healthcare better for everyone!
Pharmanovia is a dynamic, fast-growing international pharmaceutical company with a portfolio of over 20 brands across more than 140 markets. Our mission is to improve patient health globally through the revitalisation of niche, tried-and-trusted medicines.
Since its inception in 2013, Pharmanovia has grown consistently year on year, focusing on delivering high-quality branded prescription medicines to patients, prescribers and healthcare providers across the world. Our growth has enabled the company to reinvest in its products, brands, people, and to give back to its communities. A people business with a strong, supportive culture that encourages innovation and entrepreneurial spirit, our team comprises over 250 employees and 29 nationalities, operating from offices in the UK, Denmark, Netherlands, Switzerland, U.A.E., India, Singapore, Italy, and South Korea and soon China.
We are an agile and imaginative global specialty pharma business and a preferred partner for innovator pharma companies, instigating a paradigm shift in the life cycle management of iconic medicines. We seek to extensively engage with clinical communities to communicate product improvements and prioritise environmental, social, and governance considerations across the business and workforce.
Pharmanovia’s therapeutic areas include Cardiovascular, Oncology, Endocrinology and Neurology.
About the role:
Reporting to the General Manager APAC, this is a hands-on role leadership role. You will be responsible for:
- Business development in China
- Establishing strong relations with distributors and commercial partners and the key agencies
- Guiding on local strategy, maximising brands and product lifecycle opportunities
- Supporting the integration and launch of new products and maximising growth opportunities
- Financial and budgetary responsibility
- Establishing and enhancing commercial capabilities, infrastructure, ensuring compliance, local legislation requirements, reinforcing connection with payers, stakeholders, customers, and supporting market access and P&R activity
- Representing Pharmanovia with key stakeholders within the country, including health authorities, KOL and payers
- Active Alliance Management, leading business relationships with distributors and partners, ensuring KPIs and strategic direction for product portfolio
- Providing business updates and executing performance reviews with Partners
- Producing marketing & sales plan, monthly sales, gaps vs budget, SFE and brand campaigns
- Influencing local tactics implementation by validating S&M strategies, vetting of HCPs segmentation methodology and KOL engagement, dissemination of globally created campaigns while working with local partners to ensure local nuance
- Optimising geographical product presence in China provinces and off/on-line channels
- Developing a portfolio digital strategy focusing on improving patient experience through tools that offer enhanced patient support
- Advising best GTM strategy, either with direct local presence or through partners
- Maximising sales growth of the existing portfolio, by supporting post-patent brand strategies
- Leading the successful local launch of new products developed by the in-house New Product Development team
- Oversight of the on-boarding of new product acquisitions
- Providing guidance and support to the BD Manager China, to manage the delivery of global or local product acquisition / in-licensing and new product development projects
- Supporting feeding the pipeline with business case generation and keep a high engagement with local partners to further develop the business
- Identification of product ideas of incremental product innovation, which can complement or enhance existing portfolio (new dosage, new combination, new delivery systems), and that are creating source of differentiation and value creation for the patient or the HCP
- Monitoring potential supply bottlenecks with the supply chain APAC Manager
We are looking for an outstanding candidate for this role, a pharmaceutical professional with a deep understanding of China’s market. You need to be highly influential with the ability to build high-value networks in the region. Applicants need to demonstrate they have the ability to handle diverse cultures and markets, cultivate innovation, manage change, think strategically and take ownership.
- A background in managing partners and distributors in China within the specialty pharmaceutical space
- Experience with brand management, product lifecycle management and product launches, especially in the context of specialty products
- Experience in alliance and distributors management
- Understands the diversity of China’s marketplace, and the regulatory challenges
- Have the “Can Do” attitude, ability to work cross-functionally and persuasively, to make things happen
- A pragmatic individual who enjoys getting involved in the business at all levels and across all disciplines and working with global functional in a matrix organisation
- Data driven in decision making with the ability to analyse complex situations, focus on the key issues and communicate with clarity
- Business driven, fully accustomed to managing its business area through financial and P&L analysis and reporting,
- Scientific expertise and understanding of the therapeutic medical needs in China
- Enthusiastic, positive, entrepreneurial, results-driven but capable to build trust/commitment. Open to work remotely but still capable to cope with diversities due multicultural teams.
- Experience in planning and implementing sales strategy, in the context of Rx Drugs ideally in both primary and secondary care
- Mandarin for business
- Fluency in English
What we offer:
We offer a competitive salary plus bonus and rewards package including holiday, health & wellbeing program, employee recognition awards, social events, and hybrid working.
By applying for this role, your details will be sent to Ortolan People, who are engaged to provide recruitment support in processing applications. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days. Occasionally for roles with a very high volume of applicants, this may not be possible.