Reporting to General manager-MEA, the Commercial Manager will be responsible for managing Pharmanovia business in SSA region, establishing strong relations with distributors and their dedicated teams in the markets. S/he will provide strategic commercial direction to achieve Pharmanovia ambitious performance objectives across all key geographies. These objectives include the achievement of company revenue and profit targets, maximise brands and product lifecycle opportunities, ensure successful promotion and supply of products, as well as integration and launch of new products in the region.
The commercial manager will ensure adherence of the Pharmanovia values and policies and to local business conduct requirements and legislation. S/he will also collaborate and provide guidance and local expertise while interfacing and collaborating with regional functions, ensuring a strong and collaborative team working culture and strategic alignment to our global strategies and initiatives.
Main responsibilities & duties
- Establish, manage, and drive strong business relationships with distributors and partners, providing strategic direction for Pharmanovia products in the region, this includes partner selection, contract negotiations, alliance management, market access, marketing, and promotion initiatives.
- Take responsibility for the profitable development of the regional business through maximizing the potential sales and profit growth, enhance market accessibility across the region.
- Lead the successful launch of new products developed by the in-house by the New Product Development team.
- Work closely with supply chain to optimise the continuity of supply of products to relevant markets, providing volume sales forecasts and monitoring stock with distributors.
- Provide timely business updates and performance reviews.
- Prepare and agree realistic but ambitious budgets and forecasts.
- Represent Pharmanovia with key stakeholders within the region, including health authorities, key opinion leaders, payers.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced professional with at least 3 years’ experience in similar role managing business in SSA region.
- S/he will have a track record of managing a regional business within the specialty pharma space, with hands-on experience in managing partners and distributors as Area Manager in the relevant market.
- S/he will be a pragmatic individual who enjoys getting involved in the business at all levels and across all disciplines and working with global/regional functional in a matrix organisation.
- S/he will have the necessary local expertise, professional gravitas and strong influence skills and will display personal and professional maturity.
- S/he will be data driven in decision making with the ability to analyse complex situations, focus on the key issues and communicate within the team and upwards with clarity and concisely.
- S/he will be entrepreneurial and results-driven with experience and/or relevant skills in terms of working and partnering with distributors and their teams.