Pharmanovia is a fast-growing pharmaceutical company with a portfolio of over 20 brands across 140+ markets. Our team of over 200 employees are based globally across offices in the UK, Denmark, Netherlands, Switzerland, U.A.E., India, Australia, Singapore, Italy, South Korea and many more.
Since we first opened our doors in 2013, we have focused on delivering high-quality branded prescription medicines to patients, prescribers and healthcare providers across the globe.
Our purpose is to reinvigorate and innovate iconic medicines for the benefit of patient health globally. We aspire to be an agile and imaginative specialty pharma business and a preferred partner for innovator pharma companies.
Our Therapeutic areas include Cardiovascular, Women’s Health & Endocrinology, Neurology & Pain and Gastroenterology and Oncology.
Reporting to the CEO, the Chief Scientific Officer (CSO) will be responsible for the strategy, direction and execution of the company’s product development plans. The CSO will be a key member of the senior executive team which determines and oversees drug development and sets the overall strategic direction of the company.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Definition, design implementation and execution of the product development strategy
- Orchestrate and manage aspects of regulatory strategies and interactions with Health Authorities
- Lead interactions with academic thought leaders, investigators, cooperative groups, and other stakeholders
- Provide regulatory, quality and clinical support and work with other members of the management team to develop and communicate the overall corporate strategy
- Represent the company and its programmes to external audiences, including the investment, medical and regulatory communities, as well as pharmaceutical industry partners
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- MD/PHD with certifications and relevant experience in Pharmanovia’s key therapeutic areas
- Experience and strong expertise of Oncology as well as CNS drug development and regulatory processes
- 12 years minimum experience in clinical practice treating patients and pharmaceutical and/or biotechnology industry experience
- Deep knowledge of and practical experience with relevant industry guidelines, processes and regulations
- Knowledge of competitive environment for drugs in relevant TAs and in research and development pipelines
- Multiple years of management experience including clinical / medical affairs, quality, regulatory and clinical operations
- Self-starter, determined, culturally versatile, entrepreneurial and results-driven. A pragmatic individual who enjoys getting involved in the business at all levels and across all disciplines and working with global functional in a matrix organisation
- Professional gravitas and strong influence skills, with personal and professional maturity
- Ability to see and set the big picture, strategy and yet very hands on
- Ability to commute or relocate as needed to the London area
- The ability to work from home in accordance with our flexible working policy (although we find that many of our colleague enjoy working from our new offices located in Essex when permitted).
- We offer a generous bonus scheme.
- Health care benefits.
- All of our employees receive a subscription to Perk Box which includes various discounts and benefits.
- The business hosts a staff party in the summer and Christmas each year and host quarterly town hall events for all staff to attend.
- There are opportunities to be involved with various charity events hosted by the company.
By applying for this role, your details will be sent to Ortolan People, who are engaged to provide recruitment support in processing applications. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days. Occasionally for roles with a very high volume of applicants, this may not be possible.