Pharmanovia is a fast-growing pharmaceutical company with a portfolio of over 20 brands across 140+ markets. Our team of over 200 employees are based globally across offices in the UK, Denmark, Netherlands, Switzerland, U.A.E., India, Australia, Singapore, Italy, South Korea and many more.
Since we first opened our doors in 2013, we have focused on delivering high-quality branded prescription medicines to patients, prescribers and healthcare providers across the globe.
Our purpose is to reinvigorate and innovate iconic medicines for the benefit of patient health globally. We aspire to be an agile and imaginative specialty pharma business and a preferred partner for innovator pharma companies.
Our Therapeutic areas include Cardiovascular, Women’s Health & Endocrinology, Neurology & Pain and Gastroenterology and Oncology.
The Chief Commercial Officer (CCO) will take commercial strategic responsibility for the business; designing, developing and implementing a clear approach to further grow and develop the business. This will include a systematic delivery of the ‘go to market’ strategy per country e.g. in-house commercial teams, contract field establishments or through active distributor partners, to ensure best utilisation of the portfolio in each market by therapeutic area.
In addition the Chief Commercial Officer will be expected to have extremely strong marketing and business development expertise and bring this to bear on pipeline development and product design. The successful candidate will need to be financially astute and bring outstanding internal and external communication skills; they will need to be able to demonstrate excellent multi-market and multi-region experience and cultural sensitivity. The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate strong leadership skills and an inclusive pro-active approach to problem solving.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Development and delivery of the commercial budget and rolling 3 year plan
- Selection of markets to build further in-house sales and marketing capability; and delivery of such infrastructure expansion
- Oversee the systematic appointment and performance management of external distribution partners
- Oversee interaction of commercial infrastructure with payors and prescribers to ensure optimal delivery of key messages to galvanise product performance
- Pipeline selection and new product launch; systematic input into life cycle management strategies to improve product relevance and prospects, either through in-house developments, product acquisitions or licensing
- Provide strategic insight to the internal management team and suggest ideas for enhancement of operations throughout the business to aid effective commercial activity
- Oversight of the commercial forecasting to minimise out of stocks, whilst meeting inventory targets and minimal obsolescence
- Oversight of portfolio management
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to identify opportunities and execute on them in an expeditious manner.
- Works effectively in a multi-task environment. Modifies plans as situations warrant; establishes and uses alternative plans. Strategically manages time to balance associate needs, business opportunities, and administrative responsibilities.
- Possesses knowledge, understanding and experience with international competition, business requirements, dynamics and trade regulations pertaining to own business operations.
- Is skilled in discussing, conferring, etc in ways that resolve issues and satisfy all parties. Uses tact, diplomacy and unique persuasion to reach amicable agreements or resolve problems.
- Has up to date knowledge of current and emerging technology within the industry and understands its implications from a competitive standpoint. Reads key publications keeping current on new technological innovations. Understands strategic implications of such change and responds appropriately.
- Identifies issues and opportunities, prioritizes them, and successfully implements them. Uses a variety of cognitive skills and processes to arrive at sound decisions and solutions. Able to continually focus on achievement of objectives.